Wednesday, July 16, 2008

extras

I realized that there are a few details I might have left out of my blog, so, I thought I'd fill you all in on a few details.
1. the Action program at GEB, the program I was in is comprised of two weeks of school training, then one intensive week at home. You get to the school the same week that the rest of the students do, and leave half way through the class.
I have some objections to this approach. I will list them here, but before I do, I must say, I am happy with the dog GEB matched me with, I will go back to that school for my fourth dog. I have no problem with the trainers, and love some of the new training methods. my objections are on the basis of my training experience alone. I'm sure that Action works great for some folks!
My objections are as follows:
1. there is very little experience in public places, diners, other places to eat.
2. No experience in elevators, escolators, and very little experience using revolving doors.
3. you don't get to join the rest of the class in the obedience training, doing obedience separately there is no distractionto practice with.
4. I felt slightly separated from the rest of the class.
5. I didn't get to meet Essence's puppy raisers.
That's about all for now. THere are more details to talk about, for now, I've got to go.