Thursday, May 8, 2008

Horton goes to work

Today was the first time we worked our dogs, horton did great the first time, lots of pull, and a great pase! The second time we were a bit on the slow side, but things will work out!
This evening we got nylabones for the dogs, these are really safe bones that the dogs can chew and chew and not hurt them. He has already put some big marks in his! I've started introducing the Crate I brought, it's my portable crate that I take everywhere! He is a bit hesatant about it, so I'm introducing it slowly, and keeping it very positive! I will start feeding him in it, and that will be helpful! We also got what are called martingale collars, they are mostly flat, nylon collars, but about 25 percent of it is chain! and they wear it when they are not working. I got to pick a color and of corse I picked Blue!!!!
He is sitting under my desk while I am writing. Things are going quite well with him, he's a real lover boy!!! and I love love love that !
He licks my face, and is generally playfull, although, when he is in harness, he's very very calm!
That's all I'll say for now, but I think, God willing, this could be a match made in heaven!
Angie and Horton