Friday, May 2, 2008

A tribute to a dog

This is a tribute to my first Dog, Gina.
I will post the several poems that I've written about her here.
The first one is called RockDog
your all I have in an ocean of doubt
your all i have in a sea of despair
When the tide turns ugly
your like a rock in the waves
solid as a stone
when i'm all alone
when the world turns upside down
your always around
making sure i'm okay
and sending fear on it's way

The second one is called My trusted eyes

My trusted eyes
Ever so wise
My trusting guide
Takes obsticles wide
By humans we slide
Over the grownd we glide

My trusted eyes
Forever wise
My trusting guide
Always by my side
A gift from God
You are my forever dog

All day we flow
From place to place
you make my heart glow
and put a smile on my face

my trusted eyes
I hate good byes
I hate so longs
And I hate no mores
With each of your snores
I know I’m yours

With every wine
I know your mine
But when the time comes
To say good bye
A part of my heart will die
For nearly two years
You’ve guided me safely
And taught me so much
At guiding eyes
A perfect match was made
And my fate was placed in to your paws
You hold my life
and I hold yours
you’ve opened doors
and even dirtied some floors
you’ve carried your weight
and your so great
such a wonderful dog
a priceless companion
with every lick
and every click of your claws
with every happy wag of your tale
I know together we can not fail
With a romp
And a bath
And a solid chew of your favorite bone
I no I will never be alone
With you by my side
And the last one for tonight is called Dog
Dog

my dog

my companion

my child

my friend

my teacher

my dog

my guide

my eyes

my sense of freedom

you are to me what some might call independence

you are to me what i would call a blessing
letting go of fear
holding on to hope
you have tought me to be free

I will put one more in here, I wasn't sure I would, but I think I should, THis is a Tribute to GEB, Guiding Eyes for the Blind, where I have gotten Gina and Chief, and where I will return on monday for my third dog.
SO here it is, it's just called GEB

when you come to Guiding Eyes you get quite a surprise
it's usually a lab but not
always the case
what ever it is it usually licks your face
and in a matter of weeks your boarding
your plane. train or car
and you know that you'll get far
with your geb dog by your side
and a
sense of overwhelming pride
you know you'll never be alone
with your dog chewing a bone
for after all,
they are just dogs!


Thank you GEB your program is wonderful

And one more to finish it off, Only one more, I promise.
This poem is for my first guide dog trainner, who is nolonger with the school. She gave me my foundation in guide dog work, and I am forever indebted to her.

This last one, it really is the last one is simply called Yvette

`` I'm on my own
your not here with me
not where you were
not showing me how to do
the things I've learned
and in my eyes
the tears arive
tears of joy
and tears of sorrow
and when the sun rises tomorrow
I'll be on mhy own
but in my heart
and in mhy thoughts
you will remain
for ever
not just a memory

That's truely it, the hours tick away, and I'm almost packed, Just one load of laundry, and I'm done. Too more days until lift off!