Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Horton

Sorry for the delay, things have been a bit hecktic, and so I'm finally getting the chance to post.
I got here on monday, and got settled in. I had to give Chief back about an hour after I got here, that was really really really hard!
Tuesday was all practice, getting to know the commands, and getting ready for the dogs.
Today, that was the really hard part, the wait was terrible!!
Anyway, as you might have guessed, I got a dog named Horton. He is a yellow lab, and so cute I could eat him alive!
The first thing he did when we met was put his paws on my legs and lick me all over!!
It was so so cute.
From going from Chief, who bearly licked at all, this dog is so effectionate!
tomorrow we really start! The hard work begins. We learn to work with the dogs in harness, and learn what they are like on the streets!
I'll sign off for now, but I want to say, it feels good to have a dog at my side again!!!
Angie and Horton signing out!